- 1 rack of fresh baby back ribs of around 5 pounds
- 3 spoonfuls of garlic paste
- 1 spoonful of black pepper
- 1 spoonful of powdered green oregano
- 1 spoonful of paprika
- 1 spoonful of pesto sauce. If you don't have any just blend some basil leaves in olive oil
- Olive oil
- 6 lemons
- 1 medium jar of maraschino cherries
- 2 leaves of fresh basil
- ½ c of BBQ sauce
- 4 spoonfuls of salt
Directions for the sauce
Blend ¾ parts of the maraschino cherry jar with ½ c of BBQ sauce. Separate.
Directions for the ribs
Wash the ribs well with the lemon juice. (don't rinse) Season the ribs with the garlic, the pepper, the oregano, the paprika, the pesto and the salt. Add a generous amount of olive oil and massage the meat. Allow to rest half an hour.
Then spread half of the maraschino cherry sauce around the ribs and let it rest for at least some twelve hours. I generally leave them overnight.
Preheated the oven.
Put the ribs in an oven tray completely covered with aluminum foil. Put in the oven and lower the fire. Give it some three hours.
Remove the aluminum foil, add half of the remaining sauce and raise the fire to the max until they get the desired color. (Never more that 15 and often much less than 15 minutes)
Take them out, put the rest of the sauce and allow it to rest for at least about 10 minutes before eating. (So that the juices settle)