24 Servings (1 bar per serving)
- 1 (10 oz) jar of CherryMan Maraschinos, chopped and drained
- 3 c gluten-free or conventional rolled oats
- 1 ½ c puffed brown rice cereal
- ¾ c ground flax
- ¾ c peanut butter
- ¾ c honey
- ½ tsp. pure almond extract
- 2 tbs. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Line a 9"x13" dish with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine oats, puffed rice, flax, and cherries.
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir peanut butter, honey, and almond extract until warm and ingredients are fully incorporated, about 5 minutes (do not simmer). Pour over the oat mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
Evenly spread mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired. Place another piece of parchment paper over top and firmly press until well packed. Refrigerate at least an hour, then lift parchment out of dish and place on a cutting board. Slice into 24 (1"x4") bars. Individually wrap and store in the fridge or freezer.
Calories 160 Fat 6 g Sodium 15 mg Carbohydrate 23 g Fiber 3 g Sugars 11 g Protein 4 g