8 servings (1 sandwich per serving)
- 1 (10 or 12oz.) jar of CherryMan Maraschino Cherries, drained and chopped
- 4 tbs. butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 15oz chocolate cake mix
- ¾ c chocolate chips
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together butter, eggs and half of the cherries until well blended.
Fold in cake mix and chocolate chips until moist. Batter will be thick likecookie dough.
- Spoon 2 tbs. of dough, well spaced on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes and cool before building sandos*
- For the filling: in a large bowl, combine ice cream and remaining maraschino cherries
- Scoop about a cup of ice cream onto each cookie and top with a second cookie
Serve immediately or freeze
*Cookies must be cold before making into ice cream sandwiches.
**TIP: make cookies the day before and freeze over night.