- 1 (10 or 12 oz) jar of CherryMan Maraschino Cherries, drained and chopped
- 6 c cubed cornbread
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbs. butter
- ½ c chopped nuts (such as pecans, almonds, or walnuts)
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ¾ c chicken or turkey stock or vegetable broth
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8 or 9" square baking dish.
Spread the cubed cornbread in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in nuts, salt, and thyme and cook an additional 2 minutes, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Gently mix in the cornbread, eggs, cherries, and stock. Transfer to prepared baking dish, and bake until golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.