12 Servings (¾ cup per serving)
- 1 (10 oz) jar of CherryMan Maraschino Cherries, chopped
- ¼ c CherryMan Maraschino Cherry liquid
- 2 c dry wild rice, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ c chopped nuts (such as pecans, almonds, or walnuts)
In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring rice and 7 cups of water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer, partially covered, for 50 minutes. Drain rice and set aside to cool.
To prepare the vinaigrette, add CherryMan liquid, lemon, oil, and salt to a jar with a tight fitting lid. Seal and shake vigorously.
In a large serving bowl, toss rice, bell pepper, onion, cherries, and nuts. Just before serving, pour vinaigrette over top and toss until evenly coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Calories 170 Fat 6 g Sodium 290 mg Carbohydrate 27 g Fiber 2 g Sugars 6 g Protein 4 g