Makes 2 loaves
- 1 (10 or 12 oz) jar of CherryMan Maraschino Cherries
- 3 c Supreme Glace Fruit Mix
- 1 c raisins
- 1 lemon zest or 1 tablespoon candied lemon peel
- 1/4 c chopped candied ginger
- 5 ounces of butter
- 1 c unfiltered apple cider
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c toasted chopped pecans
- Soak raisins in run overnight, or microwave apple cider and raisins together for 2 minutes on high.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two loaf pans.
- Combine raisins with remaining liquid, supreme glace fruit mix, zest, candied ginger, apple cider, and butter over high heat.
- Bring fruit mixture to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Take fruit off of the heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Combine flour and spices together and add to fruit. Mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs and nuts. Mixture will be wet and sticky.
- Portion in to two loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tip: For folks 21-and-over ONLY: For a truly traditional preparation, baste warm fruitcakes with rum once out of the oven and once a day until fruitcakes are consumed by grownups.