18 Servings (four pops each)
- 1 (10 or 12oz.) jar of CherryMan Maraschino Cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 boxed cake mix, baked according to box instructions
- 2 cans of prepared frosting
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Allow the cake to cool completely before making cake pops.
- Crumble the cake into a mixer with half a can of prepared frosting and cherries.
- Mix until cake, cherries and frosting are completely combined.
- Spoon mixture into 1 inch balls and roll into shape.
- Melt the remaining frosting in your microwave for about 10 seconds until smooth and slightly runny.
- Dip each pop in frosting with a spoon, tap off excess, and lay out on parchment to dry.
- Embellish with sprinkles, etc., if you wish while the frosting is still wet.
- Refrigerate until set and enjoy!
TIP: You may choose to coat these in chocolate instead, or roll them in powdered sugar or chopped nuts. (We used rainbow chip cake and vanilla frosting.) The combinations are endless! Serve these on lollipop sticks to turn 'em into cake pops if you'd like... though they are equally adorable without them.