- 1 c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tsp Maraschino cherry juice (the juice your cherries come in!)
- ¼ tsp almond extract (vanilla is okay too if you don't have almond)
- 2 c flour
- ½ c Maraschino cherries, chopped
- ¼ c mini chocolate chips
- ½ c sugar
- Hershey's Chocolate Cherry Kisses, unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Cream together the salt, butter and powdered sugar.
Add the cherry juice and extract and mix until combined. Don't forget to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl!
Add the flour and mix just until combined.
Fold in the chopped cherries and mini chocolate chips.
Using a tiny 1in ice cream scoop... scoop then roll 1in balls of dough in your hand. Roll them in the ½ c sugar and place them on your cookie sheet 2in apart.
Using the bottom of a glass, press the dough slightly to flatten... not too much, we don't want pancake cookies!
Bake for 11-13 minutes or until bottoms of cookies just begin to brown.
As soon as you take the cookies out of the oven, press a Kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove to a wire rack to cool.